We first heard about the name of "Villa Domazanum" since gallo-romans era, then found under the name of "Dom Mazan" which etymology may be : DON (Lord) and MAZAN (Mas, farmhouse); Farmhouse of Lords.
Located between Nîmes and Avignon in Mediterranean Languedoc, this village also has the poetic charm of Provence's landscapes. On the hillside, Domazan spreads over the Briançon's Valley which gets sometimes fit. Formerly, the Briançon used to flow through the village but covered by successive constructions it began subterranean.
On quaternaries teraces from the Rhône surrounding Domazan, composed by a sandy silt and covered by big pebbles called "Fredjaou", we found some old tools cut into silex, those of our ancient forebears. That let us suppose that the place may have been occupied since chasséen era : 3500 à 2500 B.C .
The population mainly composed by farmers saw its territory classed in appelation of controlled origin ("AOC") : "Côtes du Rhone" in 1923.
Since the 70's, industrial activity expanded rapidly in the Signargues area, improving the economyof the village without any imbalance.